Are you passionate about freeriding? Do you want to experience the Freeride World Tour (FWT) differently or just bring your motivation to an international sporting event?
offer you the unique opportunity to become a volunteer and integrate with our team during one of our events :
- FWT Events : Courmayeur (ITA) // Chamonix (FRA) // Verbier (SUI)
- Other Event : Swatch Skiers Cup Zermatt (SUI)
- FWQ Event : FWQ Verbier Week (SUI)
Note: no volunteer needed for Fieberbrunn (AUT)
You will also have the chance to work in a challenging environment (ski resort) and enjoy the mountain atmosphere with the FWT spirit.
Our only requirement is: You have to be enthusiastic and be willing to share unforgettable memories.
Show your support to the sport and
help make these events unique!
THANK YOU for your motivation and interest in the Freeride World Tour.
We define volunteering as any activity that involves spending time, unpaid, doing something that aims to benefit the environment or someone (individuals or groups) other than, or in addition to, close relatives. Central to this definition is the fact that volunteering must be a choice freely made by each individual.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE APPLYING
- Make sure to read the Volunteer Code of Conduct (French)
- You need to be at least 18 years old
- You don’t need to be a good skier
- Travel expenses and accommodation will NOT be provided
- It is not guaranteed that you will be working for the task you have selected.
- One meal token and two drinks will be provided per working day
- French mandatory for Chamonix and FWQ Verbier Week !!
TASKS : WHAT CAN YOU DO?
1. Pre-event Campaign
- put up posters in the resort (shops, hotels, restaurants,...)
- distribution of flyers and booklets in the resort
- Manage the transfers between airport/train station and the event resort for journalists
- Welcome the persons at the airport
- Distribution of the welcome bags
- Welcome Hostess
- Informative tasks: update of welcome info board
- Distribute posters and flyers in the resort
- Update of info boards
- Inform the public with latest updates at the info point
5. Installation Resort
- Help the logistical team to put in place all brandings, tents, other set-ups,…
- Help the technical team to put in place the stage
6. Installation Mountain
- Help the logistical team to put in place all brandings, tents, other set-ups
- Help the team to carry material from the resort to the mountain
7. Clean Event
- Be part of the FWT Clean Up Crew
- Make sure the Mountain stays clean during and after the contest
8. Security Access
- Check the entrance of special accesses (Guest Zone,…)
- Manage the priority lines at start of the lifts
9. Ski Dude (!freeride level required!)
- Collect lost skis by juniors competitors in the face
- Help the juniors competitors if needed
10. Bars (Xtreme Verbier ONLY)
- barman/barmaid at the Street Fair (outside)
- barman/barmaid at official parties (late at night)
Note : relevant experiences required!!
- Sell the FWT products at the merchandising tent in the resort
- Install the merchandising booth in the Event Village
- Make sure merchandising stock is tidy and organized
1. Chamonix Student Package
- Welcome of the students
- Customer servicing (answer calls of students)
- Coordination of the participants (transport, accommodation,…)
1. Fill in the SIGN UP form below
2. To VALIDATE your inscription, please send your resume (CV) to:
- email@example.com for FWT and Skiers Cup Events
- firstname.lastname@example.org for FWQ Verbier Week
1. You will receive a first e-mail of pre-selection after the inscription deadline to let you know if you are pre-selected or not.
2. Once you have received the pre-selection email, you will be contacted to set an appointment for a mini phone or skype interview (max. 10 minutes).
3. During the interview, you wil have to introduce yourself, tell your motivations to volunteer for the task you’ve applied and 3 key questions will be asked.
4. The final decision will be sent to you by e-mail within the next 10 days.
- 10% discount on FWT products on our webshop or at the merchandising tent
- Special FWT STAFF button badge to pin on your beanie, jacket or backpack
- FWT Welcome Bag
- Access to official parties
- Volunteers “Apéro” during the event
Please let your responsible know in advance if you need a Volunteer Certificate. It will be given to you at the Accreditation only if it is plan ahead.
Zermatt (SUI): 4 – 11 January 2014 (Swatch Skiers Cup Event)
Inscription Deadline : 4 November 2014
Verbier (SUI): 12 - 19 January 2014 (FWQ Event)
Inscription Deadline : 27 December 2013
Courmayeur (ITA) : 18 - 19 January 2014 (FWT Event)
Inscriptions Deadline : 27 December 2013
Chamonix (FRA) : 25 - 26 January 201 (FWT Event)
Inscription Deadline : 27 December 2013
Verbier (SUI): 22 – 23 March 2014 (FWT Event)
Inscription Deadline : 30 January 2014