For more information on accomodations and promotional packages visit freerideargentina.com.ar
- Penitentes is remote. There is no WIFI and cell service is limited.
- The closest ATM is in Uspallata, a 35-minute drive down the valley toward Mendoza (direction Mendoza)
- There is also reliable WIFI in Uspallata.
- Most businesses in Penitentes take cash only. Do not expect to be able to use a credit card for purchases.
- There is no real market or grocery store in Penitentes, If you need supplies you will - have to get them in Los Andes, Chile or in Uspallata, Argentina.
- If driving from Chile into Argentina, the border is open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. The road goes through a high-alpine environment and can close without notice due to storms or other issues.
- If you have a Chilean vehicle, you will need to obtain special insurance and other documentation of ownership to travel into Argentina (this includes rental cars).