Chapelco 3* FWQ Competition Postponed
With high snow levels and unseasonably warm temperatures, event organizers for the Chapelco 3* Freeride World Qualifyer (FWQ) event scheduled for August 23 – 26 have announced that the competition has been postponed until September 1 – 4.
“It’s always a difficult decision to postpone an event,” says the Freeride World Tour’s Tom Winter, who has worked closely with event organizers in San Martin de los Andes over the past three years to develop the FWQ competition at Chapelco. “However the safety of the athletes and the conditions of the venue are always the priority and this decision is obviously the right one given the current weather pattern.”
Organizers hope that the slight delay will allow additional snowfall to improve venue conditions, making for the best – and safest – venue for the athletes.
More information regarding the revised schedule will be released soon. Pre-registered athletes will be contacted directly and remain registered for the event, while those who are unable to compete in the new event window will be issued refunds.