FWT 22 QUALIFICATION PATH UPDATE
We would like to provide an IMPORTANT UPDATE in regards to the FWQ 2021 season in Region 1 (Europe Oceania Asia) and the FWT22 qualification system.
FWT22 qualification path
In order to give riders a chance to compete at enough events, we moved some events to a later date in the season and we upgraded some events. The following 3* and 4* events are planned to happen.
- Nendaz Freeride 3* - March 3-5 (registration closed)
- Nendaz Freeride 4* - March 6-10 (registration closed)
- First Track Chandolin 3* - March 13-14 (registration closed)
- French Freeride Series Les Arc 1950 4* - March 18-21 (registration closed)
- French Freeride Series Tignes 3* - March 27-28
Upgraded from a 2* to a 3*. All riders that signed up for the 2* will be refunded and registration for the 3* will be open from February 19thth till March 5th. There will be no prize money this year as this was planned to be a 2* event.
- Engadin Snow 4* - March 30 – April 1
Upgraded from a 3* to a 4* to ensure a path to FWT22 qualification. All riders that signed up for the 3* will be refunded and registration for the 4* will be open from February 19th till March 5th. The prize money will remain at 5.000,- EUR as this was planned to be a 3* event.
- Ubaye Freeride 4* - April 3-4:
Upgraded from a 3* to a 4* to ensure a path to FWT22. All riders that signed up for the 3* will be refunded and registration for the 4* will be open from February 19th till March 5th. The prize money will remain at 5.000,- EUR as this was planned to be a 3* event.
- La Rosière Freeride Week 4* – will be confirmed once there is an update about the resort being able to open.
- Open Faces Kappl 3* - will be confirmed as soon as possible if the restrictions in Austria allow it.
Les Arcs and Ubaye Freeride and Tignes organization are waiting for the resorts to open but in case they don’t open, they aim to organize the competition regardless.
Please find below the FWT qualification scenarios.
- IMPORTANT: All results are taken into account, regardless of the competition level (4*, 3*, ..)
3 or more 4* events take place: Normal qualification system applies: 3 best results (regardless of the competition level, 4*, 3*,...) count towards FWT22 qualification.
Only 2 x 4* events take place: 2 best results (regardless of the competition level 4*, 3*, ...) count towards FWT22 qualification instead of 3 best results.
Less than 2 x 4* events take place: No points accumulated this year count towards FWT22 qualification therefore athletes will not be automatically allocated a place on FWT22. Riders will be selected based on Wild Cards.
- It is important to note that due to travel restrictions, Hakuba 4* results will not be taken into account for FWQ21 qualification towards FWT22 as the event is not representative of the Region 1 freeride field.
Be sure to read the weekly MEMBER NEWSLETTER to receive all important FWQ updates!
We would like to thank, FWQ organizers for the effort they put in to make the events happen, and you FWQ riders for your understanding and commitment despite the difficulties and uncertainties we are facing.