Effective Date: 01/09/2018
Last Update: 20/09/2018
If you have agreed to receive communications from us, but you later change your mind, you can revise your preferences on the "profile" section of your account, by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link within the e-mail you receive or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Access by Children
The FWT Digital Sites do not knowingly solicit, obtain, retain or use any personally identifiable information or personal data from children under the age of 13 years. Accordingly, children under the age of 13 may be restricted from participating in certain features on the FWT Digital Assets. If FWT is made aware that we have collected Personal Data (as defined below) from a child under 13 years of age in a manner that is inconsistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, FWT will delete this information as soon as possible. For more details on FWT’s policy with respect to children, please see our terms and conditions of use accessible at https://www.freerideworldtour.com/terms-use.
2. Personal Data and other information
a. Information collected from you
- Your full name;
- Your sex;
- Mailing address;
- Telephone number;
- E-mail address;
- Financial Information such as credit card or bank details;
- Next of Kin;
- Geo location information;
- Unique identifiers such as a user name or password;
- Communication preferences;
- Search queries;
- Comments and other information posted onto an interactive online forum; and
- Any other information otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
b. Information collected automatically when you visit a FWT Digital Site
FWT may also collect certain other information automatically when you visit a FWT Digital Site including:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address which can sometimes also be used to get your general geographic area;
- Other unique identifiers such as mobile device identification numbers, domain name of your internet or wireless service provider and type of device used to access a FWT Digital Site;
- Browser type and settings and operating system used;
- Webpages you visit within the FWT Digital Sites or sites you visited before or after you visit the FWT Digital Sites;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, pixels, Local Shared Objects and other technologies; and
- Standard server log information.
c. Geo-location information
By accessing the FWT Digital Sites from a mobile phone or through a mobile application, you may be asked to share your precise (GPS level) geo-location information with us so that we can customize your experience on the FWT Digital Sites, or on other sites when we work with a third party mobile ad platform. In most cases, you are able to turn off data collection through your mobile device at any time through the privacy settings on your mobile phone or through the settings in the applicable mobile application.
d. Cookies and Tagging Technology
3. Use of Information collected
FWT will only use information that it collects for the following purposes or as required by law:
- to provide you with information about FWT events, promotions, functions, products or entries;
- to notify you regarding FWT event or membership issues;
- to be able to respond to questions or comments you have;
- to contact you via email and otherwise about your account on a FWT Digital Site;
- to inform you about products, services and events that may be of interest to you;
- to customize and personalize your use of the FWT Digital Sites;
- to enable you to enter contests or events that FWT promotes or conducts;
- to pay you prize money or other applicable payments;
- to assist in administration matters relating to events you may participate in;
- to administer all FWT events and tours efficiently;
- to contact you for discipline purposes as stipulated in the FWT rulebook;
- to contact you urgently for any reason deemed necessary;
- to market FWT events, sponsors, promotions and functions and to send you promotional materials or special offers on our behalf or on behalf of our sponsors or marketing partners and their subsidiaries and affiliates, but only where you have consented to receiving such emails;
- to publish stories, comments, photos or other information posted in any interactive online section of a FWT Digital Site;
- to use information collected through the FWT Digital Sites to evaluate your suitability to participate in surveys or focus groups for the FWT or a sponsor or partner of the FWT and to invite you to participate in any such survey or focus group;
- to research, assess performance and analyze FWT marketing or advertising campaigns on the FWT Digital Sites or otherwise use analysis tools such as but not limited to Google Analytics; or
- in accordance with the Digital Advertising Alliance Self-Regulatory Principles, we may share your data with advertising networks and/or social media platforms for the purposes of selecting and serving relevant adverts to you via those networks/platforms, and to search engine and analytics providers.
4. Sharing of Information
- When you register on a FWT Digital Site, we collect Personal Data which we use in compliance with your notification preferences, which you may alter at any time. We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our e-mail notifications. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-mails. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe from receiving e-mails by changing your preferences in the profile section or by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails.
5. Accuracy, Completeness and Deletion requests
6. Other people's information which you provide to FWT
7. Security and Retention of your Personal Data
- Personal Data the FWT holds is stored either in hard copy documents or as electronic data. FWT uses generally accepted industry standard reasonable security measures to protect any Personal Data held in any form from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification and/or disclosure.
- Your membership on a FWT Digital Site is password protected and we recommend that you do not divulge your passwords to anyone. You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your member name, password and other account information.
- Any information posted or disclosed on a message board or comment section may be viewed and used by other members of the public. If you post any Personal Data in a publicly accessible area of a FWT Digital Site, you do so at your own risk and FWT accepts no liability for the same.
- FWT shall retain your Personal Data only so long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this policy, for as long as your account or membership is active. We respect requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We reserve the right to keep certain information in our archives that we deem necessary to comply with any legal obligations we may have, resolve disputes and enforce contractual agreements.
8. Online and Mobile Advertising: Opting Out
- If you wish to know more about interest based advertising, would like to know more about your options or would like to opt-out, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) web-site: www.networkadertising.org. NAI is a co-operative of online advertising companies who are committed to responsible practices and consumer protection. You may also visit the Digital Advertising Alliance website, https://www.aboutads.info/choices for more information about what you can do if you do not want to receive internet-based advertising.
- European users can opt out from interest based advertising through the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance website at https://www.youronlinechoices.eu/; and users in Canada can opt-out using the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada site at www.youradchoices.ca.
- Facebook is an advertising partner and may collect and use data to display advertisements on all FWT Digital Sites. For more information and to control the ads you see, visit https://m.facebook.com/ads/audience_network.
- Browser and mobile operating systems also provide other privacy and ad-blocking mechanisms We encourage you to review the privacy control settings available in your browser or device platforms settings. Note that some of these controls (such as blocking third-party cookies) may affect the storage of your opt-out preferences. To express your privacy preferences or specific companies you may download and use an opt-out application such as DAA's AppChoices App at http://youradchoices.com/appchoices.
9. Social Networking
10. Links to other Websites
11. Choice of Law
12. Transfer and Storage of Data
- If you are located in the European Economic Area or the European Union or a country with data protection and/or privacy laws which are different from those in Switzerland, please be advised that we may transfer your Personal Data to countries that may not guarantee the same level of protection for Personal Data as the one in which you reside.
13. Switzerland Privacy Rights
- Switzerland law permits Switzerland residents to request certain information regarding the disclosure of their Personal Data to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write to us at the address listed below.
- Some web browsers transmit a ‘do not track’ signal or such similar signals to websites that a user may visit or interact with. At present, there is no recognized industry standard concerning what action, if any, a website provider must take with respect to such ‘do not track’ signals. As such, please be advised that, at present, the FWT Digital Sites do not take any action in response to such signals.
15. How to Contact Us
FWT Management SA